i know i just had a garage sale and i said shopping looks terrible.
i lied. well i didn’t because for the first 24 hours after my sale it did sound terrible. BUT i did get rid of a ton of things. like i went from having 3 closests full to a small closet with jeans and sweaters and one bar of clothing in the main closet. i sold and donated a TON and i’m probably going to comb through it again one more time.
but i don’t wan to just shop just to shop. i really want to invest in some key pieces that will last a few seasons and a ton of wears that i can mix and match with different things for work and play.
here is the top ten things on my fall lust list.
- madewell blanket cape – there is something about this cape. i saw it styled in their fall catalog and i fell in looooove. it looks light enough to wear as a fall jacket but i might be able to pull it off as a vest in the winter.
2. madewell tartan mix scarf – i am obsessed with plaid. duh. my entire cottage design is being done surrounding my hoard of plaid blankets. i love the two different sizes of plaid patterns mixed in together in one giant beautiful scarf.
3. kate spade cameron street in plaid ok so this one is on the pricier side of the lust list but my brown and pink kate spade bag is starting to deteriorate fast. but hey! she served her time. i think she only has about 10 more zips left. i love this because it has a really awesome unique shape, it’s large an din charge and it has a shoulder strap. i’m starting to learn that shoulder straps are a must.
4. kate spade faux fur collar coat – ok so this one is way way way unrealistic for me. but i want it. something fierce. especially after watching the third episode of miss adventure. i want to be anna kendrick. i want to be anna kendrick in this coat something real bad. i don’t know what it is about faux fur but it’s like a squirrel to something shiny. abby. love
5. free people plaid shirt – are you getting a sense for the direction i’m going for fall? plaid, fur, neutral. i want it all. this plaid shirt though is a bit different. it has this amazing fold ruffle type back to it.
6. free people window pane sweater – i mean do i really even have to say anything about this sweater? i think it would be totally amazing with some of my dresses for the office but could easily transform into super casual wear with some of my jbrand skinnys.
7. j.crew textured polka dot dress – i love a dress with long sleeves. in michigan it gets cold and sometimes if you wear a dress with short sleeves you “waste” all the layering opportunity with a cardigan or sweater. i love how this dress gives the opportunity for jewelry or shoes to steal the show.
8. bed stu manchester boot – i’m not going to lie. already bought these. had to. they’re perfect. the back laces up so i can fit in the socks the tights the socks and the tights. these boots are perfection. i bought my first pair of bed stu boots last year and honestly, they are just as good as if not more comfortable than my frye boots. they come in all sorts of amazing colors too!
9. shabby abby waltzing matilda skirt – i already purchased the bloom skirt and the central park dress and the fit is insanely awesome. the pieces have the perfect amount of stretch and fit and i’m obsessed with this brand. i don’t usually stray from free people/jcrew/madewell/anthropologie but this brand has made me consider possibly branching out. if this skirt is as perfect as my other pieces… we could be on to something beautiful.
10. rag and bone elephant flare – i have these jeans in dark wash and they are the best figure flattering jeans that i own. the flare is back and i love the balance that it creates with my hips and ankles. skinnies sometimes make my legs look like chicken drum sticks so i’m glad that we have another style making a come back.
ok so these are on my LUST list. We’ll see how much self control i can have!